Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Art of Lonely

It's weird how you don't have to ask
no one to be with you
And it's strange how you can trust
no one with all your deepest thoughts
The only real problem with no one
Is that they don't exist

Zip up your smile
And pretend to be happy for awhile
It's time to show your head
Around people who could care less if you're alive
Or dead

People may say I'm lazy as a cat
But I would be just as excited as a cat who sees a rat's ass
If I saw that someone really gave one

Life is mostly a social game
And you should learn to play it
Just know that when you mean something
You usually shouldn't say it
Remember that the happier you pretend to be
The more friendly faces you will see

The Reality rammed me
Like a roving Russian resupply rocket
That the parts of life that weren't so cruddy
Were the parts I really had a buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment