Wednesday, December 15, 2010

(Not Sure What to Call This...)

I fight, with myself in the ring of doubt and fear

The rain is gone, but I still can’t see clear

I've lived and I've learned, I have taken and I've earned

I have laughed, I've cried

I have failed and I have tried

Through sunshine, and through pouring rain

But I still haven’t found joy through all my pain


So many people have given themselves a title

That their actions didn't earn

My ignorance is in the same breath as my innocence

Subconsciously, seeking to find an impressionable mind to convince

I've finally come to the realization why I’m in the worse place

Because it's hard to correct yourself when you don't know

Who you are in the first place


Cause my split personality is having an identity crisis

Hearing voices in my head while these whispers echo


Maybe one day I can work it out

Strive to understand what life's about

All it seems to be is sadness and pain

Blood like rain clogs urban drains

When will I realize and make the change

And take the blame, erase the shame


Now I can't stress this enough, life sure is rough

You got to go through a whole lot of it

Just for you to get a little bit

No comments:

Post a Comment